Brandon Indoor Air Quality
Products & Services to Improve Air Quality in Tampa Bay
Concerns about indoor air quality are common among homeowners and business owners in Florida and around the country. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, there is cause for concern. The EPA has reported that indoor air can be as much as five times more polluted than outdoor air. In addition, average people spend 90% of their time indoors and 69% at home. At Protek Roofing, Heating & Air, we offer products and services to improve indoor air quality in Brandon and the Tampa Bay area.
Call (813) 850-0151 to learn how we can help you enjoy cleaner and healthier air at home.
How Your Duct System Affects Air Quality
The average duct system in the Tampa Bay area is between 25 and 30 years old. Many homeowners are unaware that their outdated duct system is diminishing indoor air quality. This is not surprising considering the duct system is hidden from sight. Although you can’t see the problem with an outdated duct system, you may be feeling the effects.
An outdated, improperly sealed duct system may result in:
- Conditioned air escaping from the ducts into the unfinished areas of the home, such as the attic or basement
- Reduction in home comfort
- Higher utility bills
- An increase in bacteria, mold, and dust in the air
When poor indoor air quality is caused by an outdated, leaky duct system, the solution is ductwork replacement or repair. We can set up an indoor air quality test and inspect your duct system to determine if faulty ducts are to blame for pollutants in the air in your home. If the problem is in the duct system, we can provide ductwork replacement or repair services.
How to Improve Basement Air Quality
Maintaining air quality in basements can be a challenge for homeowners. Basements, by nature of being underground, are already moist and can develop unpleasant smells. There are proactive solutions homeowners can take to improve their basement air quality. Those solutions are:
- Clean the Air - Using an air purifier to clean the air is a great way to filter out floating contaminants like dust, mold spores, bacteria, and more.
- Dry the Basement Out - Most problems with the air quality in basements comes from dampness and humidity. The simplest way to combat humidity and dampness is with a dehumidifier set up in the basement.
- Keep Windows Closed - Contrary to popular belief, keeping windows open to improve air quality in basements is not true. Keeping basement windows open can cause the humidity to rise and increase mold growth.
- Ventilation - Proper air ventilation is key to indoor air quality. Many basements are, unfortunately, poorly ventilated which doesn't circle out older air for cleaner fresher air.
- Seal Cracks and Gaps - Leaving gaps and cracks unsealed promotes humidity and unclean air to enter the basement and contaminate the indoor air already present in the basement.
If you have any questions on these solutions for improving basement air quality, or want to get started on improving your home's indoor air quality, contact the experts at Protek Roofing, Heating & Air to get started today!
Cleaning Contaminants from the Air
There are a variety of indoor air quality solutions to allow you to enjoy cleaner, healthier air. The ideal solution depends on the specific problem with your indoor air quality. You can help keep the air healthier with fastidious cleaning to remove dust, pet dander, and other pollutants. Changing your filters on the HVAC system can also help. If you want to go a step further, you may want to consider installing equipment to enhance air quality.
We install and service a wide range of equipment, including:
- Electronic air filters
- Whole house air cleaners
- UV lights
When selecting air filtration and purification equipment, it is important to start by considering the problem with your indoor air quality in Brandon. For example, a whole house air cleaner or electronic air filter is helpful for particulates in the air, but these systems don’t kill bacteria and viruses. If you are worried about bacteria or mold spores, UV lights may be a better option.
Schedule Your Indoor Air Quality Test
Improving indoor air quality starts with assessing the condition of your air and identifying the main concern and cause of the problem. We recommend starting with indoor air quality testing and an inspection of your duct system. This will provide the information needed to make informed decisions about improving your air quality.
We provide free estimates for products and services to improve indoor air quality in Brandon. Our technicians can explain the options, make recommendations, and give you all the information you need to make a decision for your home. Financing options are available for new equipment installation and ductwork replacement.
Dealing with Anthony and Protek was easily the best customer service experience I’ve ever had. After a short call describing my symptoms, they had somebody out to fix my unit within hours! Anthony’s communication was effective and they made ”- Chris M.
Very good experience! Ac installation went well. Very professional install. I called their office and talked to Heather about questions and warranty and registration. Heather went above and beyond on answering them all. She even called me a few days lat”- George A.